The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) is seeking to appoint a new Head of its Operations Department, managing the delivery of its three operations divisions (research and consultancy, capacity development and training, and events and conferences). This exciting opportunity would suit applicants from diverse backgrounds, including the private sector and the international development community. The appointment will be at Director level with a starting salary in the range £60,000-£66,150. Closing Date 15th February 2013.
The successful applicant will
- Manage the CTO’s Operations Department, consisting of three divisions, with heads of these divisions being direct reports:
- Research and Consultancy
- Capacity Development and Training
- Events and Conferences
- Develop the Operations Department’s activities in line with the CTO’s Strategic Plan, so as to deliver effective, value for money services for the CTO’s members and others
- Ensure that the Operations Department delivers on its financial targets
- Contribute to the activities of the Operations Department in areas of own expertise.
- Be responsible for oversight and development of one or two of the CTO’s six niche focus areas
- Be responsible for oversight and development of the CTO’s activities in one or two regions of the Commonwealth.
- Provide support and report directly to the Secretary General of the CTO
- Liaise closely with the Head of the Finance and Administration Department and the Head of Corporate Services to ensure effective collaboration between Departments in delivering the CTO’s mission.
The successful applicant will have the following proven experiences and characteristics:
- Excellent timely delivery against business targets
- At least ten years of management experience within the broad field of ICTs, preferably with a development focus
- Successful management of small teams charged with delivering ambitious financial targets
- Strong sense of the need for accuracy and precision in delivery
- Ability to set high individual and team standards
- At least ten years direct experience of two or more of the areas of activity of the CTO’s operational divisions
- An excellent team player, committed to helping staff build their careers within an organisation
- Excellent international networking skills across different groups of stakeholders in ICT for Development
- Strong affinity with delivering ICT based activities through multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Good knowledge of Commonwealth organisations and agendas
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment and preferably in two or more regions of the Commonwealth (Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, Pacific)
- Fluency in the English language, as well as working knowledge of at least one other language.
The CTO is committed to providing a challenging and stimulating workplace, where all staff can fulfil their career ambitions in a diverse and supportive environment. It places considerable emphasis on the importance of teamwork, alongside its commitment to delivering the best possible value for money services to all of its members. People work for the CTO primarily because they believe in its commitment to using ICTs to help make a difference to the lives of some of the poorest and most marginalised people in the Commonwealth. All employees must be citizens of Full Member Countries of the CTO at the time of employment.
All applications, including a curriculum vitae and a letter of application should be submitted to email@example.com by 15th February 2013.
Full details are available at http://www.cto.int/about-the-cto/working-with-us/current-vacancies/director-and-head-of-operations-department-full-time/