The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) is seeking to appoint a Manager to serve as Head of its Research and Consultancy Division. This exciting opportunity would suit applicants from diverse backgrounds, including academia, the private sector and the international development community. Ideally, candidates for this role will have worked for at least five years within a university research environment, a top-tier consultancy, or within the research department of a leading company within the Telecoms, Media, or Technology sectors. The key role of this position is to manage the delivery of the CTO’s research and consultancy work, both for member organisations and other entities working in the field of ICT for Development. It is expected that applicants will be able to attract new research and consultancy projects, and also to undertake some of this work themselves. The appointment will be at Manager level with a starting salary in the range £36,000-£38,938, and it will be permanent subject to satisfactory performance and a 6 month probationary period. The closing date is 1st September 2013.
Outline Job Description:
- Lead, manage and motivate staff in the Research and Consultancy Division
- dentify appropriate research and consultancy opportunities for the CTO, and manage their effective delivery
- Undertake research and consultancy work in their own areas of expertise
- Manage the CTO’s priority areas and their advisory boards
- Manage the CTO’s alumni networks
- Ensuring that the CTO’s website is updated in all areas of its research and consultancy activities
- Be responsible for the effective control and management of the Division’s finances, in collaboration with the Finance and Administration Department
- Lead relationships with relevant entities in one or more of the CTO’s regions
- Lead the CTO’s work in one or more of its priority areas.
- Assist in any other aspect of the CTO’s work as assigned by the Secretary General, or by the Head of the Operations Department